UPDEV CHALLENGE is a competition preceded by a bootcamp which aims to bring together young people between 12 and 30 years old around innovative projects, with the aim of learning from each other thanks to their age difference and their level of creativity.
For this first edition, registrations will be priced at $5 and will end two weeks after the launch date. We will then communicate the start date of the training to you. Participants undergo an intensive week-long training program that allows them to develop critical thinking, speaking and presentation skills to ensure they are well-prepared on competition day. During this training, the trainers will determine, on the basis of the selection criteria, the 10 best projects to be retained for presentation to the judges. The objective of this competition is first to find different ideas, different solutions to the problems of our country, in order to provide solutions, in order to have a maximum of applications "made in the DRC". Secondly, it is to give the chance to have support to these young people with good ideas so that their ideas are put into practice. The training will take place in Goma / Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Be in the age group of 16-26 years
- Be able to express oneself in French or in English
- Be of African origin
- Candidates must be available during the week of the training, which will take place in two stages each day:
Those in the morning from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and those in the afternoon from 2:00 p.m. at 5:30 p.m.
- Have a project
1.2. Selection criteria
0. Your application should describe the problem you want to solve and how to solve it, including the technologies you use or need to develop.
1. Your solution must be original or constitute an improvement of existing solutions.
2. You should consider that many Africans will have varying degrees of Internet access depending on the frequency of their use and the devices they use (laptop, tablet, mobile phone).
3. A graphical presentation must accompany the presentation, demonstrating how the solution will work and an example of the user interface.
- Participants will benefit from the training week during which they will have the opportunity to meet different trainers, most of whom are entrepreneurs, developers, and business leaders who can intervene in the development of their projects.
- The first 3 candidates will benefit from the follow-up of their projects until the terminal phase (deployment) and monetary prizes including 1st 500,000 FC, 2nd 200,000 FC, 3rd 100,000 FC
- The winner of the UpDev Challenge is selected by a high-level jury, after a presentation and a demo where he (she) receives exciting prizes, including a monetary prize or a phone or tablet, or a laptop.